Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A thin line between life and death



When we bring them to our home, we were very happy. They were tiny rabbits, probably both female, although I asked the vendor to give us the pair.  My 11 year old kid, Pravar More was very excited, ultimately he got friends with whom he can play, can touch and love. 

 I was happy for him as he got the company and was relaxed that he wouldn’t feel lonely, being single child. Rabbits were lovely, small, white, gradually mingled with us, and were given names. Now all of us were in their duty, my husband since morning started serving them. He tried several types of plants leaves, grasses, and vegetables and without failing providing us regular feedbacks about their likes and dislikes. 

Rabbits, were choosy, they loved to taste different types of food and were not adhered to one type of taste. If they were hungry, they come to us to have some food. They stood erect and whipped their mouth with both the forehands was so innocent that make us crazy.  
But the unfortunate day 17th April, 2012 reached. We started our day as usual. That day I came early from the office as we had to leave for Ujjain for some pending work. I put them into little basket, started journey by car. Everything went well. After completing our task we reached home in the night. 

Ah….trouble in expressing the next story in words. 

I got down, after my son from the car. He had Rabbit in his hand, His father instructed him to leave them for some time in the garden and stay there. He did. As others were following us, the door was opened. 

I went inside and not sure, why I called up my son, he entered into the room. Suddenly I heard creaching voice first time of the Rabbit. My heart throbbed out. I realized what blunder we did. We had left the poor rabbit in the garden. As we reached out the dogs had hold him in the jaws and rushed to door. My mother and I yelled. The dog left the Rabbit. I rushed to close the door, suddenly I saw 2 more dogs rushing after one anther towards rabbit. I couldn’t find place to save him, as both the dogs already reached to the rabbit and hold her brutally. My husband rushed listening our voice, he had beaten dog with the chair, placed in the garden, both the dogs ran leaving her. 

My husband brought him into the room, his hair was wet but no signs of blood. He put him on the floor, as the rabbit tried to walk, we found, he was dragging both the legs and stomach. . My son and I started crying. 

We thought he would survive and got ready to take him to the pet doc, but very soon, we discovered that he won't live. The rabbit had put his head down, rolled his eyes and started taking last breathe. We were left alone with the memories.

This is the second time, when I saw the creature meeting death. First was my own brother. 

I am dedicating my blog to him, with a feeling of guilt, please forgive us.
Blog Advertising

0 comments:

Post a Comment